Hello everybody! It’s been a while since my last update, so I wanted to force myself into writing a new WIP post. The last months of 2015 was very stressful at work, so to avoid getting burned out, I made a decision to take a break from my apps.
Instead, I planned a longer vacation after christmas that I would use to start working on my apps again. This didn’t turn out as I hoped though, as I spent half of the vacation with a massive cold and fever, barely able to leave my bed.
But I did manage to get some work done before my vacation was over, and I wanted to show you some of it today.
The project I’ve been working on the most is the next major version of Hypernap. I’m happy to announce that Hypernap 2 has reached the point where I’ve started using it myself at work! Sadly this doesn’t mean that it’s close to beta, there’s still a lot of work to do. But development tends to speed up slightly when I can start using the app I’m working on.
One thing I love about making my own apps is that I can spend much more time on details that in the end makes it much more enjoyable to use. For example, I recently made it possible to click the HTTP status code to read more about it, powered by httpstatuses.com. This could be useful if you’re testing a new API and receive a status code you haven’t seen before.
Other news and releases
- Released TextTV.io for the new Apple TV.
- Released catQuery, a tiny library for working with the DOM, with syntax similar to jQuery.
- Updated FuzzyTime with some important optimizations for the calendar function.
- Finally received and built my own Infinity ErgoDox keyboard. Will probably blog about it when I’ve gotten used to typing on it.
- Trying out Let’s Encrypt on the blog, will probably add this to my other sites as well this year.