I respect and value your privacy. My policy is that your data is none of my business. My passion is creating software and I have no interest in mining your personal information.
While I prefer to avoid collecting data from you, there might be cases where it is needed to provide functionality. In those cases I try to be clear about what data is being collected and what it is used for. When possible, I also try to anonymize the data, removing all personally-identifiable information.
What is being collected
- Payment processing, update checking, and license management when purchasing my projects from the Mac App Store is managed by Apple.
- When purchasing my projects from my websites, the order process is handled by Paddle.com, read more under Online Orders.
- Paddle is also storing some basic anonymous usage information on my Mac applications (OS version and system language).
- Update checking in direct download apps are provided by the Sparkle framework.
- Web analytics are provided by Google Analytics.
- Support requests via the chat widgets are managed with Smallchat and Slack.
- Support e-mails via our contact form is stored and managed by Fastmail.
What is not being collected
Except as described above, and as required by user’s request, my projects will never send any private information.
General Data Protection Regulation
If you are a citizen of the EU, you may exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation to access and request to remove your personal data. Contact me through one of my support channels to start such a request.
Questions and feedback